22 Apr Roast Pepper and Parsnip Soup
3 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
1 parsnip (approximately 180g)
1 large red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon of tomato purée
700 ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of paprika powder
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
Freshly ground pepper
A pinch salt
250 ml Alpro Soya Cuisine
1) Preheat oven to 180°C / gas 4.
2) Cut the red and yellow peppers in halves, remove the seeds, and place in the centre of the oven. Roast the peppers for about half an hour until the outside skin is dark / blackened and the inside is soft.
3) Meanwhile, peel the parsnip and cut into equal pieces of about 1cm.
4) Remove the peppers from the oven, place in a bowl and seal with clingfilm. Leave to cool. Once cooled, carefull remove the skin and cut the flesh into large pieces.
5) Heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan and fry the chopped onion, garlic and parsnip chunks until golden brown. Add the tomato purée, stir the mixture and turn down the heat.
6) Add the vegetable stock, peppers, paprika powder, bouquet garni and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover the pan, bring to the boil then lower heat and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes before turning the heat off.
7) Remove the bouqet garni from of the soup, pour the mixture into a blender with the Alpro Soya Cuisine and blend until smooth. Re-heat the soup if needed.